Vitamin C is no doubt a wonder vitamin and is abundantly available and have various benefits. But some might not be aware of that. Here we will be talking about Vitamin C in detail and what are its benefits for hair, skin as well as health.
A Brief About Vitamin C
Vitamin C acts as antioxidants which help to generate various antioxidants in the body thereby leads to improve the efficiency level to facilitate the smooth functioning of various systems of the body. The human body does not have such capability to produce vitamin C like animals.
We need to consume which is naturally available in the food or through capsule it can be increased. The absorption of nonheme iron got improved with the availability of vitamin C in the body. Vitamin C benefits for skin, hair, and care ultimately. Vitamin C serum is also one of the supplements.
Various Forms of Vitamin C
- Sodium ascorbate which contains 111 mg of sodium in thousand mg of the vitamin.
- Calcium ascorbate which contains 90-110 mg of calcium in thousand mg of the vitamin.
- Magnesium ascorbate shouldn’t exceed the limit of 350mg on a daily basis.
- Potassium ascorbate shouldn’t exceed 11 grams on a daily basis.
- Manganese ascorbate shouldn’t exceed the limit of 11 mg, if consumed daily.
- Zinc ascorbate should not exceed the limit of 40 gm, if consumed daily.
- Molybdenum ascorbate shouldn’t exceed 2 gm on a daily basis.
- Chromium ascorbate range between 50 gm to 200 gm for adults and teenagers.
Deficiency of Vitamin C
The deficiency of Vitamin C occurs when its intake is not proper. Here are few signs for that:
- Enlarged gums
- Infection of gums
- The slow recovery of injuries
- Hair loss and split ends
- Bleeding of nose
- Reduce the functions of the immune system
- Joints start paining more frequently
- Weight gain increases
Benefits of Vitamin C
Let’s explore the various benefits of Vitamin C on our hair, skin, and health.
- As per one of the research, it has been proved that the higher plasma level of vitamin C helps to reduce the risk of heart disease. However, it has been observed that a higher dose of vitamin C breaks the smooth functioning of a protein known as endothelin 1 which leads to problems in small blood vessels thereby causing heart attack ultimately. Therefore, fruits and vegetables which are the excellent source of vitamin C can prevent heart disease.
- Vitamin C has one of the essential features to lower cholesterol level which directly affects to the coronary heart disease.
- Vitamin C relieves pressure on the blood vessels walls by supporting kidney to remove sodium and water from the body thereby acting as a diuretic.
- You can also reduce your blood pressure by four points and diagnostic blood pressure by 1.5 points in a period of two months with the intake of dose 500mg of vitamin C.
- As per the Italian research, it has been proved that vitamin C increases the dilation of blood vessels that reduces blood pressure on the body.
- Further, it has been observed that high dose of vitamin C helps to lower the growth of liver, colon, and several types of cancer cells in the body thereby helps in the treatment of cancer-related disease.
- It also helps in the treatment of osteoarthritis.
- With the regular intake of vitamin C, it helps to low the risks of cataracts in the body. It also helps to deal with the issues of age-related macular degeneration and visual acuity loss. The regular intake of a high dose of vitamin C reduces 20% risks of cataracts.
- It also helps to protect against oxidative stress thereby prevents free radicals from molecular damage to the lens tissue in the eye. It helps retina cells to perform their functions more effectively.
- Vitamin C helps in the regeneration of vitamin E in the eye thereby improves the eye health.
- It held in the treatment of uveitis which is the middle layer of the eye.
- Vitamin C helps to reduce blood pressure at the time of pregnancy period.
- Vitamin C has a unique characteristic thereby helps to terminate the unplanned pregnancy, but this is not well supported scientifically.
- Vitamin C helps to reduce the risk of histamine, a biochemical which is generated due to the existence of allergies. It prevents allergies in the body.
- Vitamin C has such ability to control the autoimmune disease, and the associated allergy thereby helps in the treatment of allergic rhinitis.
- It has been observed in a few cases that vitamin C helps to prevent from dry mouth.
- It helps type 2 diabetes patient to control the blood sugar level in the body thereby prevent any damages from diabetes to the blood vessels.
- The high dose of vitamin C helps to treat many infections such as measles, herpes, mumps and viral pneumonia.
- It makes our bones and teeth healthier.
- It enhances the immunity of our body.
- It has characteristics to lower down the level of blood pressure of our body.
- It helps to produce collagen which is the most important protein of our body. Collagen is mostly found in skin and connective tissue thereby responsible for maintaining the elasticity of our skin and makes you feel young and charming.
- It works as an antioxidant which helps us to protect against harmful radicals as soon as our body get contact with it such as ultraviolet days from the sun which directly affect our body. Hence, vitamin C fight from the rays naturally thereby reduces impact from the sun.
- Vitamin C is the primary source of collagen which is one of the crucial components of the blood vessels which ultimately helps our skin to get smooth and shine effect thereby reduces rough texture and appearance.
- It helps us to prevent skin from DNA reaction from sunlight and causes various disorders such as discoloration, precancerous cells.
- It helps to heal an injury faster that means the presence of a good proportion of Vitamin C in your body improves the healing process. It also helps to create scars tissue which protects the site.
- It helps our hair to protect from radicals which not only damage but also make it vulnerable to split ends. The adequate supply of vitamin C in the body leads to good hair growth thereby making it stronger. Vitamin C serum makes hair smooth and shiny.
- It also helps to retain hair in natural color for longer periods of time.
- It fixes various other problems such as hair loss which is the common problem nowadays. It helps the adrenal gland to perform effectively which is the underlying factor of hair loss. The proper amount of vitamin C in the body reduces hair loss and also enhance its texture.
- Vitamin C helps to protect from various germs which enhance the skin problem that gives rise to dandruff. Hence, it reduces the dandruff level on our body.
- Vitamin C enhances long, thicker and healthier hair thereby reduces all the factors which damage our hair.
- Vitamin C increases the level of metabolism in the body thereby helps to reduce weight loss. It enhances the oxidation of body fat in the body during exercise.
- Vitamin C has the features to change up the mood thereby has mood-elevating effects.
- It reduces the level of anxiety in the students.
- The adequate supply of vitamin C helps to reduce the risk of brain hemorrhages thereby reduces strokes.
- It helps in the treatment of eczema with the combination of 15 mg of zinc and 500-1000 mg of vitamin C.
Source of Vitamin C
After reading the benefits, you must be eager to know the sources from where you can get Vitamin C in abundance. Well, the below-listed items are a rich source of Vitamin C:
- Chilli pepper
- Bell pepper
Vitamin C supplements
In case you are deficient in Vitamin C, you can also intake its supplements along with the natural food items but consult your doctor first before start consuming any of these. The supplement is in the form of capsules or tablets which include:
- Poten cee
- Celin 500
- Other forms of Vitamin C are drops, crystals, cream.
Thus vitamin C helps to cure many diseases thereby helps to maintain our body fit and healthy. You can also increase the level of vitamin C in the body by the intake of fruits and vegetables which has the rich source. Hence, Vitamin C benefits for skin, hair, and care overall.