Semi-permanent nail polish is a manicure technique that lets you keep your nails perfectly lacquered for up to two weeks without flakes. This method is controversial, but it is ideal before a trip to the sea or on the feet when the weather is nice. Is it a miracle cure or a disaster for our nails?
What exactly is semi-permanent varnish?
The semi-permanent varnish is a mixture of acrylic gel and varnish applied to the nail and hardened by UV light. It has the same texture as traditional nail polish, is liquid, and shines even more. It can last up to 18 days without tarnishing or flaking.
What is the procedure for applying semi-permanent nail polish?
- Semi-permanent nail polish is applied in the same manner as regular nail polish. In a salon, the beautician begins by preparing the nails by filing, cleaning, and pushing back the cuticles. They then apply a foundation. When the first hand is finished, it is exposed for 30 seconds to a UV lamp with a Led. The beautician looks after the second hand during this time.
- The varnish is then applied in two layers, with a 30-second drying time between each layer.
- Finally, the beautician also applies a top coat that dries under a UV lamp. It takes between 25 and 30 minutes to apply semi-permanent varnish. Unlike traditional manicures, semi-permanent nail polish does not require drying time. At the end of the break, the nails are flawless.
- Depending on the brand, the color selection is nearly identical to traditional nail polish: nude, colored, and glittery; all manicure styles are available in the semi-permanent form.
How do I get semi-permanent nail polish off?
- When the nails grow back and a distinction appears between the varnish and the skin two weeks after application, it is time to remove the semi-permanent varnish. Return to the institute to accomplish this. The nails are then rolled up with acetone-soaked cotton pads wrapped in aluminum foil by the beautician. This procedure takes about fifteen minutes. You can also remove your semi-permanent nail polish at home with kits available at beauty salons.
- After you remove your semi-permanent varnish, you apply a nourishing oil to your nails to help them regenerate.
- A semi-permanent manicure in an institute will cost you around forty euros. It should be noted that semi-permanent manicure kits are now available in the market, though they are still quite expensive and reserved for expert hands in manicures.
What are the benefits of using semi-permanent varnish?
Permanent nail polish is a minor revolution for women on the go who don’t have time to change their nail polish every four mornings or who frequently use their ten fingers.
And for a good reason: it stays flawless for 15 days, with the same finish as when it was applied. There are also a variety of colors to choose from. As a result, it is a practical and effective way to be beautiful to the end of your nails in any situation.
Why is there such a negative perception of semi-permanent nail polish?
For fifteen days, the nail is buried beneath four layers of varnish. This is not the best way to help them. Semi-permanent nail polish is not recommended for nails that are weak or damaged.
To avoid unpleasant surprises, choose well-known brands of semi-permanent nail polish. Then, before you take the plunge, consult with your manicurist. She will be able to determine whether the nails can withstand a semi-permanent varnish without damage. Finally, to avoid mistreating your nails, ensure the semi-permanent varnish is adequately removed without tearing or sanding: According to experts, if it is correctly applied and especially well removed, it does not damage the matrix of the nail.