How do you dress at 50 to look slimmer if you are curvy? Discover the best tips and advice selected by our editors to show you the simplest ways to slim down your figure with the right clothes!
If you’re a middle-aged woman who is a little chubby, the first thing you should do is accept your age and your figure because you’re more gorgeous than you realize. You will be able to dress according to your figure if you embrace your figure and your age and accept the changes in your body. Say goodbye to your old wardrobe and make room for a new classic wardrobe; it’s time to usher in a new era of fashion and trends.
Understand How to Dress for Your Body Type
Remember that the key is to make yourself look toned by wearing suitable prints, such as stripes, or choosing the right colors. It would help if you tried to concentrate on your outfit and the best body features that complement it. See the complete list of clothing suggestions for women over 50 below.
Tips and Tricks: Dressing at 50 When You’re Curvy
If you want to look more charming than ever, even if you have a few extra pounds, you must choose the right colors and prints. Continue reading to learn about some simple yet highly effective lifestyle changes you should make right now.
- Make sure your waist is well-defined in whatever outfit you choose. Wear a belt that is not too wide for this.
- Invest in printed and contrasting outfits because they can conceal flaws.
- Wear clothes that are not too big or too small. Wear well-fitting clothes.
- Outfits with fur and bangs should be avoided because they add volume.
If you don’t want to draw attention to areas of your body that you don’t like, such as your thighs or hips, wear darker-colored jeans.
Skirts and Dresses
Wrap dresses, tunics, fitted outfits, maxi skirts, and tight pencil skirts look great on a plus-size figure.
Remember that your accessories should appear as stylish as you want them. Funky jewelry is no longer appropriate; choose pure gold, silver, diamond, pearl, or rose gold jewelry. Vintage is another safe bet. Accessories should also be medium, as extremely small or large jewelry does not look good on curvy women. The same goes for your other accessories, such as sunglasses and handbags.
It is critical to select the appropriate accessories.
Regarding colors, black is the most slimming, regardless of what you wear. Not only black but also darker shades like navy blue and brown can help you slim down.
What to Avoid After the Age of 50
Here are a few things to avoid if you have a curvy figure:
- Round necklines;
- Dresses with too-thin straps, which emphasize the volume;
- Striped tops with horizontal stripes;
- Sleeves that are short and end at the broadest part of the body.
What to Select
What you should, on the other hand, prioritize in your appearance:
- Greenlight, instead, to anything that gives the impression of verticalities, such as long and thin V-necklines and short or long pendant necklaces that fall in a V.
- Tops, mainly wrap dresses, are also ideal for this physique, but for all physiques. They conceal the belly, highlight the chest, and refine the upper body significantly.
- The same is true for one-button blazers with a deep V neckline worn with a T-shirt or blouse with a similar neckline.
- Light and dark patterns, when used correctly, can also help to distract the eye. They divert attention away from the problem areas by lighting up the face.
- Jeans with a mid-rise waist, especially in dark colors.
- Make sure your waist is well-defined in whatever outfit you choose.
Remember that the most important thing is to focus on and highlight your strengths to become the best version of yourself.